2023 National Jamboree
Katahdin Area Council Scouts looking for Adventure.....
- One Scouts BSA Boy Troop made up of 40 youth male Scouts and 4 adult male leaders.
- One Scouts BSA Girl Patrol made up of 8-10 youth female Scouts and 2 adult leaders at least one of whom must be a female.
- One Venturing Crew made up of 8 crew members and 2 adult leaders at least one of whom must be a female.
Once space is filled, a waiting list will be started. If space opens in the contingent, those on the waiting list will be contacted in the order of their application.
Participant Eligibility Requirements
- Be a currently registered member of a Scouts BSA troop.
- Be at least a First Class Scout by the first day of the Jamboree.
- Be at least age 12 by the first day of the Jamboree or be age 11 and have graduated from 6th grade but have not reached age 18 by the last day of the Jamboree.
- Be approved by the unit leader and local council.
- Meet all BSA medical screening and BMI requirements.
The current estimated Jamboree contingent member cost is $2,000. The Council Jamboree committee does their best to deliver value when planning for the Jamboree, however, there are costs that are beyond the control of the Katahdin Council. For example, transportation contracts cannot be signed until much closer to the actual Jamboree departure date and prices may change. Costs may also be affected if the Jamboree contingent of 2 Troops is less than full.
Participants will be provided a payment schedule. It is important that this schedule be followed so that the Council can meet its financial commitments related to the Jamboree. Jamboree scholarships may become available and information will be provided at a later date.
Planning the Jamboree is very detailed. Payments for the Jamboree, transportation and related costs are made months before the actual trip and are often non-refundable. Due to this, if for some reason you find that you are no longer able to attend the Jamboree, notice must be made in writing to the Council Service Center. Fees you have paid will not be refundable unless we have a replacement. It is not your responsibility to find a replacement and spaces cannot be promised to others. Replacements will be found from an established waiting list if one exists. Deposits are non-refundable under any circumstance with the exception of those placed on a waiting list for whom Jamboree space cannot be secured. We appreciate your understanding.
Jamboree Unit Meetings and Shakedown
Once formed, each Jamboree unit will schedule regular meetings to plan for various aspects of the Jamboree and to keep Scouts and parents informed. Attendance at these meetings is highly encouraged.
Prior to the Jamboree the council will conduct a shakedown. This event is to provide Jamboree units with required pre-Jamboree training and to prepare participants for the Jamboree experience. The exact date, times, and location will be provided at a later time. Attendance at the Jamboree Shakedown is mandatory.
Jamboree Codes of Conduct
Both a 2021 Jamboree and Katahdin Area Council Code of Conduct will be provided outlining participant expectations and requirements. Above all else, the Scout Oath and Law guide Jamboree participation. Failure to follow the rules outlined in each Code of Conduct may result in a participant being dismissed from the Jamboree contingent and the Jamboree at their own expense under parent/guardian supervision. Dismissal is not grounds for a refund.