Unit Fundraising

Every Scouting unit needs the same four legs to serve as the foundation for a great adventure: Awesome programming, excited boys, trained leaders and adequate funding.

Some quick facts about unit fundraising:

  • Your unit is not a 501(c)3 and therefore is prohibited from receiving tax-deductable gifts. The Katahdin Area Council can NOT provide you with a tax-ID #, this must be obtained from your Chartering Organization.
  • Your fundraising project must have a goal and a purpose.
  • Boys are NOT allowed to wear Scout uniforms while conducting a fundraising project.
  • Your chartering organization must be aware of and approve of your fundraiser.

KAC Unit Fundraising Guidelines  


Unit Money Earning Application

If your unit chooses to raise funds with a project other than selling Camp Cards and Popcorn, the unit must complete and submit to the Katahdin Area Council for approval, the Unit Money Earning Application. This national form ensures that all fundraising projects adhere to the rules and guidelines of the BSA and allows the council to answer any questions that might receive about the fundraiser from the public. You can mail, scan or fax your application to the Katahdin Area Council 2 weeks prior to your event.

Unit Money Earning Application